Like sunlight glinting off droplets of rain, this shawl pattern just keeps catching our eye every time we log on to Ravelry. It has been calling to us for weeks now, and simply begging to be knit, so it has “jumped the queue” a bit and become the pattern of choice for our Spring Knitalong 2016!*
Would you like to join us and knit your own stunning version of this garter-and-lace beauty? There are some fun techniques involved and we’ll be sharing tips on the blog and offering advice on a rolling basis to all members both in-store and in the dedicated Ravelry thread for the KAL.
We’re offering 10% off the materials for the shawl and, bearing in mind the proposed cast-on date is Thursday the 17th of March, there’s a strong Irish bias to our suggested yarns:
1. Any Townhouse Yarns 4ply (i.e. Fade St, Grafton 4ply or Camden Tweed)
2. Debbie Bliss Fine Donegal – we think the soft tweed will lend a lovely texture to this shawl. As added bonus – it is spun and dyed by the lovely people at Studio Donegal in Kilcar.
3. Louisa Harding Pittura – the “wild card” here, but we’re just so in love with this yarn right now, so we want to offer it as an option for *every* project!
How the KAL works:
• You will receive 10% off the yarn with the code SKAL16 until start date of 17 March 2016.
• Specific techniques will be covered by tutorials on this blog, potential modifications will be discussed and general support (both technical and moral!) will be offered all along the way.
• Pattern assistance will be available in the shop for any specific technique challenges that come up and we’re always happy to lend a hand during quieter times in store.
• Virtually round-the-clock help will be on hand via the dedicated thread in our TIK Ravelry group.
• Everyone who has finished their shawl by Sunday 15th May will be entered in to a prize draw to win a bundle of Softsweater shawl patterns (with kind thanks to Sylvia for supporting our KAL). We will then also provide the winner with the yarn to knit one shawl of their choice from the range!
Would you like join us? Simply pop on over to the thread on Ravelry and say “I’m in”.
Or do you have any questions? Post a comment below or over on Ravelry and we’ll get back to you asap.
Approx 714 metres of 4ply / fingering weight yarn which translates as:
2 x Townhouse Yarns Grafton 4ply (approx €44.90, discount included)
2 x Townhouse Yarns Fade St 4ply (approx €46.70, discount included)
2 x Townhouse Yarns Camden Tweed (approx €41.30, discount included)
2 x Debbie Bliss Fine Donegal (approx €26.90, discount included)
2 x Louisa Harding Pittura (approx €25.10, discount included)
To avail of 10% discount online, use the code SKAL16
Needles and Notions:
4mm long circular needle (at least 80cm, although 100cm might be more comfortable as your work grows)
25 Stitch Markers to keep track of short rows (optional)
Darning Needle for ends
Pins for blocking the finished shawl
* The eagled-eyed among you will recall we had planned to knit Pfeilraupe for our KAL, and we do still have a few blog posts planned on the techniques used in that pattern. In the end we didn’t feel the translated pattern was clear enough for all knitters and we’re delighted to have discovered another stunning shawl to take its place.